Saturday, July 3, 2010

Her First Heartbeat....


Add caption
I knew it was going to be a busy day for us. Leih and I had a restless night as I suffered from back pains and leg cramps. Lucky for me, Leih was patient enough to rub my back and legs until I fell asleep, I wasn't sure though what time he went to bed after that.

I had my own worries while we headed to Makati Medical Hospital the next morning. I had a history of increased glucose in the past, so the idea of developing gestational diabetes scared me. I was also wondering if my baby's got a heartbeat by now considering I'm 8 weeks on the family way. So many things raced in my mind as Mommy, Leih and I traversed Makati.

I underwent a glucose challenge test which thankfully turned out normal together with my CBC though my arm got bruised from the blood extraction but everything was tolerable. I was happy enough that one of my worries was over.




For the first time, after a month, my OB happily confirmed that my baby already has a heartbeat. Leih and I were so ecstatic. I underwent another ultrasound, this time with Mommy and Leih with me inside the clinic, and they were able to see the baby's form and hear her normal heartbeat for the first time. It was quite unexplainable upon seeing this little human form on the monitor. Just 4 weeks ago, my ultrasound barely showed an embryo and fetal pole, and yet after only 4 weeks, my baby's already complete and alive... I couldn't explain how amazed I am with this miracle unfolding before my eyes.

We arrived home late in the evening, exhausted yet very fulfilled. Again, I fell asleep with Leih rubbing my back. But before then, we mumbled a short prayer of thanks for this very unforgettable day...=) This is indeed a milestone in my baby's journey to the world....=)

No comments:

Post a Comment