Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Day ChingChing Arrived...

I have been pretty much anticipating the day when I'll get to meet my daughter... But as I started dilation a few weeks ago which showed slow progression, the waiting seemed like forever... It was in the afternoon of January 18, 2011 that I was scheduled for another check up (and definitely another internal exam) with my OB. Though we weren't expecting much yet as I was good to go (still scrubbing floors and all), we brought all our bags with us on our way to the clinic.

Good thing I had a full lunch before heading out to Makati Medical Center as I didn't expect that by my third check up, the doctor will have me admitted to the delivery room for good.
I was 4cm dilated at 2:00 PM. that day. My doctor, Dr. Arlene Bravo, was amazed at how tolerant I was with pain & labor contractions I didn't even feel I was having considering I was already on active labor.

I got admitted right away, as Leih & Mommy secured a large private room where they stayed until I delivered. They decided not to tell my dad that I was already in labor to avoid making him worry more. I knew my mom was frantic & already panicking as well though she didn't want me to see it. I kissed her goodbye as I got inside the labor room, not knowing when I'll see her again...
first time to meet the baby...
my  wait had truly been worth it..

It had been a pretty long labor for me, my dilation had been slow for the first several hours, but it took me a great 15 hours in the labor room where I had my share of anxiety attack at one point, starting from the time an epidural was given to me and my legs started to numb. I started to feel intense contractions that would shoot right into the very depths of my body but everything was tolerable (thank God for epidural).. I worried for my family outside the labor room, starting from my hypertensive mom who was waiting patiently outside for any news, my dad, my husband who was apparently nervous himself, and lastly, I kept on thinking about my dog Zach whom I left at home hours ago with so little food. Things started racing in my mind. I never slept even for a minute, as I was terrified of what was to come soon, the only thing that made me going was my faith in God and my anticipation to finally meet my little girl.

As 4:20 A.M. struck, my OB. came to check in on me and thankfully, I was fully dilated by then. But this time, it was different. I felt a surge of courage inside me, knowing that it'll only be a few minutes and I'll be over the unexpected. As they transferred me to the delivery room, they had me prepped up for the big event.. Suddenly, all my apprehensions were gone, I was ready to do what was needed. I watched how my doctors and the attending nurses marched inside the room seemingly gearing up for battle. Everyone was ready as my husband was called inside to be with me.

Leih looked differently as he entered the delivery room, I knew he was terrified as well. He held my hand as I prepared to push for my baby. It had been 7 excruciating rounds of 10 pushes each before we finally heard the most wonderful cry in the world. And upon realizing that the worse is over, all the pains from the labor & fundal pressures I felt seemed to disappear. I knew I got through everything with flying colors, and I was proud of myself that I did it.

It had been a very tiring day for us. At 4:40 in the morning of January 19, 2011, our waiting was finally over... My baby Francesca Dominique has arrived at last... And just as the morning was only starting for everyone else, mine became the morning when I could finally have my well-deserved sleep and rest, now without worries anymore...

Thank God for this wonderful day...

No comments:

Post a Comment