Friday, January 21, 2011

Ready To Go Home...

After Chingching's delivery, we had our little one roomed in with us immediately. After 15 hours of labor, I felt so drained of energy, exhausted and very very hungry... As soon as I was brought to the recovery room, my blood pressure dropped fast probably because of everything I've just went through. Good thing the nurses and doctors were very alert, in no time my bp. was back to normal... I asked Leih to get me a Grande sized Starbucks hot chocolate which was practically the first thing that ever touched my lips since the day before.

It was not an easy delivery but I am more than thankful that I got through it fast, not to mention, seeing my baby for the first time ~~~ everything else seemed like a blur, I was in heaven, indeed.

My very good friend Aaan who also happens to be one of Chingching's godmothers, dropped by for the second time. I was still at the labor room when she rushed to the hospital the night before and returned the morning after, right away when she heard that Francesca has already made her grand entrance. I was so happy to see her after my grueling 15 hours.



And then my beautiful cousin Jates (Ninang Jates) and my Mommy Abut came at about 8:00 in the evening to take their first glimpse on the new baby. I felt so happy just seeing my family.

The night before, I barely had any sleep and so did Leih and Mommy so I had my mom sent home with my aunt and cousin so she could rest and regain some sleep. Leih came back to be with me and our little one.


Admittedly, our first night together with Chingching was of mixed emotions. I only had Leih to rely on for errands which he obligingly did without question. I was so drained of energy and still suffering from the painful episiotomy & sore tummy from the fundal pressure I got from the delivery that I can barely walk and sit properly and yet, I had to force myself to get up to tend to the little one who seemed restless the whole night... I didn't know how to feed her, considering I was determined to breastfeed her and not give her any formula for the first few weeks. It was so frustrating at first and in the wee hours of the morning, I was forced to contact my friend Loren (who also recently gave birth) to ask for advice on how to deal with a restless unfed baby. With tears in my eyes, I tried to console myself with the fact that everything could be learned and that the morning after, Leih and I will have a Lactation consultant to help us with Chingching's feeding.

And just as I cried myself to frustration, my very tired husband who also had barely enough sleep himself, comforted me and tended to Chingching as well... I knew how tired he must have been, not having any sleep for more than 24 hours now but still, he did everything to help ease what depression has overcome me... I am more than thankful to have a wonderful husband beside me, assisting me when I needed to go to the bathroom, tending to my other needs, massaging my back when it hurts, running to and fro 5 floors down just to get me my favorite Contis meal or a hot chocolate from Starbucks. And for the first time, I saw how loving of a father he was to Chingching. He deserves to have a child, indeed.

Morning came and a lactation consultant came to our rescue. She was of big help as she explained to me how everything works and what I should do to help my baby latch on to me much effectively. Another lactation consultant came the next morning to check in on us and by the time we were about to be discharged from the hospital, they gave us another round of check up to make sure I knew how to breastfeed properly.

Our stay at the hospital was worth every penny. I had everything at the touch of a button. We had the best maternity care and everything else I could possibly ask for.


We were able to go home at 2 in the afternoon of January 21. Me, Leih & my baby... Finally, the family headed home for the first time....

No comments:

Post a Comment