Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Getting Ready for the Big Day!

We had another ultrasound today and thankfully, after two weeks of waiting, the doctor confirmed that my baby has gained at least two lbs over the holidays, very good news indeed. She also examined me and announced that as of January 4, I am already 2cm dilated. With how fast the dilation will come is still a question to us, but we're hoping it wouldn't take very long before Chingching finally makes her grand entrance... For other expectant mothers, one cm. could take up to weeks, just like what happened to my other friends who have been patiently waiting just like me.


setting up the crib to know how it'll look once it's to be used..

As soon as we got home, Leih got so excited with the crib that he finished setting it up before midnight struck. I had him place it inside our room where everything was already in order. I decided not to put the beddings yet so as to avoid accumulating dust just in case it takes a while for me to dilate but I had to see how it'll look like once Francesca's home..

The crib is now covered with thick blanket and all the other necessities are already inside it. I also took the liberty of putting her first toys inside the crib, including this very cute sleeping Hello Kitty, though everything is well-kept in translucent plastic bags..

Our maternity bags including my mom's are prepared and on stand-by, ready to load in the car, in case of any emergency. We have a feeling it'll take a while but hopefully, not before next week ends... I'm keeping my fingers crossed..

No comments:

Post a Comment