Saturday, January 26, 2013

First Hair Cut... Action!!!

It's only now that she's two that I decided to give Ching her first real haircut. I first thought, the hair would be much easier to manage if it were longer, not to mention, the grandfather (my dad) specifically told me to maintain the length as he did to me when I was little.

Let's just say I felt Ching needed a new look and it seemed fitting that I be the first one to give it to her (considering she wouldn't let anybody cut her hair).

my little girl in her Chinese dress...

So I did... And boy was I too weird, shedding a tear or two after I finished trimming her hair, collecting her very "first cut" hair strands as if it were of value.. Of course it was of value, at least for a mother who was witnessing yet another first with her only child. Moments like these are priceless.


Now I wonder how I'd fair when Ching gets older and starts school, goes to the prom, gets into college... I can't imagine when she falls in love and starts getting suitors, something tells me I might just freak out..


Oh well, I have a fair amount of time still left before these things take place, so for now, let's just stick with this first and enjoy the moment while it lasts... and before I forget, yes, I'm keeping the strands...

 (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment