Sunday, January 27, 2013

Home-Made Strawberry Milkshake

Since it was a Sunday, I had a little extra time to prepare a fruit shake for lunch... You see, my everyday goes on very fast, I barely have time to blink with all the things I need to do before I go to work... This makes my weekends more special especially when I have no events on schedule. I could spend time cooking, cleaning the house, and taking care of my kid... (among some of the chores I do).

For today, I whipped a mean strawberry shake. I wasn't sure if my little girl would like it though but I wanted her to try something new. We had fried tuna  and veggie salad for lunch, paired with this special fruit shake.

I started off with  2 small trays of strawberries which I got  from the market the other day, a small can of evaporated milk, a small carton of cream and some shaved ice...

sliced fresh strawberries...

shaved ice

After slicing the strawberries and shaving the ice, I started liquifying both with the use of my trusted blender, along with  half cups of evaporated milk and cream, and a few spoonfuls of sugar.
ready to blend!!!
see that creamy froth??? yes, it's sinful...

It tastes as good as it looks... Say gourmet?? Nope... that's definitely homemade...

take note of the lavender straw... screams OC??

And yes, I am color-coordinated with everything. (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment