Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Oatmeal = Healthy Brekkie

Some would think I don't have difficulties feeding my child  because she's plump. But if they knew the "ordeal" I had to go through especially when she was just starting on solids, you wouldn't believe how I got over everything.
my Chingching....

My little girl is now over 2 years old and yet she doesn't chew as much as other kids her age... She still prefers soft textured food and gags when encountering big chunks inside her mouth. It isn't unusual for us at home to see vomit on the floor... But as patiently as we could, we try to feed her  the most nutritious meals we could whip.

Everyday, we cook separate meals for Ching, her own rice and stewed veggies consisting of brocolli, carrots, squash, beef or chicken, and spinach... She also loves fish and chicken, & steers away from beef. Thankfully, she is able to finish a big bowl every meal time, with fruits on the side.


oatmeal & bread for her....
For breakfast, that's another story... When she was little, I used to give her a bottle of  organic Spinach & Potatoes from Earth's Best... But when she got older, a friend of mine convinced me to give oatmeal a try. And so I did... For the past year, Ching has been eating oatmeal and milk every morning and I must say, it has done a great deal to her health. I have read somewhere that it has soluble fiber and could very well reduce the chances of hypertension, cancer and other illnesses in the future. I was hoping I could incorporate healthy eating into my child's system as early as now and looks to me like I'm on the road to that.

Lately,  I tried adding some variety to her breakfast, alternating oatmeal with spaghetti or palabok, and I always give her a piece of bread with fruit jams which she loves. But I'm definitely not steering away from oatmeal. 
         As they say, it's never too early to start your child on a  healthy habit... I'm glad I did...


No comments:

Post a Comment