Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dieting Gone Overboard

I've just finished wiping my tears as I write this... Today, we saw our doctor and the last ultrasound report of my baby wasn't as good as the previous ones... I was asked to take another ultrasound just to be sure since her weight hasn't been very satisfactory for her fetal age.

I felt so guilty upon learning that my baby has become underweight, with her abdominal circumference a little below the normal range than the rest of her body. My OB told me to eat as much as I could, ~ contrary to what most doctors advise their patients in their 8th month of pregnancy. In my fear of getting gestational diabetes, I have probably gone overboard with the dieting which led my baby not to gain the much needed weight.

I was literally ice-cold in her clinic as she read the results of my ultrasound. Leih had been very patient with me, holding my hand and assuring me that it still can be fixed and that our baby will be okay, provided that I eat to my heart's content during the holidays which I vow to do.

I have no plans of controlling my urge to eat, not in the next weeks to come.. I just hope she gains more before our next appointment with the doctor...

No comments:

Post a Comment