Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Most Precious Gift...

As October 16 was fast approaching, I was having a bad case of indigestion from the early lunch I had last afternoon... I decided not to have dinner coz I felt like throwing up every now and then. I just hoped Leih would come home early today so I could get my back rub and rest..

But today, Leih was unusually late... I didn't get any calls or message from him telling me he's gonna be late, and it got me so worried. He would be home by midnight most of the time whenever he's on night shift, and as I patiently waited, I drifted off to sleep...

His kiss woke me up. He was finally home by 1:30 am. I hugged him tightly, asking him where he had been coz it got me so worried. I just stayed clinging on to him in tears, telling him how bad my tummy felt. Then he confessed that he went somewhere after getting off from work, little did I know that he bought me a beautiful bouquet from Dangwa at 1am.

Leih had always been the thoughtful one. He was the type who would shower you with flowers and little surprises even when he was still my boyfriend. But ever since we got married, I told him that there is no need to spend much on flowers,(budget wise) and his company alone would suffice, as long as we're together enjoying the day.

It was a very touching moment for me. Just thinking of the effort he gave so he could get me his present. He was already very tired from work but he managed to drive all the way to Dangwa just to get me something special, and drive an hour more to get home... Manila is a treacherous place and bad souls roam freely in the wee hours of the morning, this idea alone made me cringe, I'm just glad my husband's finally home safe and sound and in my arms...

I heated up some spaghetti I saved for him before we went to bed. And though I still feel sick to my tummy, I was more than happy to start my birthday with the most wonderful surprise...

He gave me my back rub afterwards and before I knew it, I was peacefully fast asleep, cuddled into the arms of the man who just started my day in the most unforgettable way....

No comments:

Post a Comment