Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Prepared Mommy...

My good friend (& co-W@Wie) Marion Miral gave birth to her first baby Yuki last September 17, and so, in the motherhood department, she's way ahead of me. We would often exchange ideas and compare experiences in our daily preggy lives, most especially since we share one OB Gyne which she personally referred to me.It's amazing how time flies so fast, it seems only recently that she was planning her preparations for the arrival of baby Yuki, and now, she's already taking on the role of a new doting mommy...

I too have become more excited and giddy as months pass by, as my belly grows bigger, so does my enthusiasm to get everything perfectly ready for my baby ChingChing's coming... Though there are certain customs as to not buying things until you're ready to give birth, I'm opting to bend the rules for myself. In reason that I wouldn't want to cram when my due date gets near. I don't see anything wrong with being prepared, and so, as early as now, (six months), I have been collecting some basic baby necessities for ChingChing with the help (and generosity) of Mommy who's more than eager to choose the stuffs herself..

So far, we've purchased a few newborn clothes, but some are hand-me-downs from my sisters-in-law's babies. I thought it would be wise not to spend too much on newborn clothes since the baby grows fast,and it would be nice to have some used clothes from his Kuyas... Mommy got ChingChing her own Graco stroller, and a few booties and mittens, some grooming items, diapers, beautiful hooded blankets, and a lightweight Snuggle Nest where she'd be sleeping in the next few months. I wouldn't have gotten the Snuggle Nest if it weren't for Marion's advice, and I must say it's a good buy since we are planning to have our baby sleep beside us on our bed. Leihson however got his baby some Avent bottles, (I'm thinking of adding a few more and a sterilizer to go with it). We only have a few pieces of clothes for her, no shoes yet, no toys, I guess we still have a long way to go...

newborn shirt & shorts....

ChingChing's secure sleeper (a.k.a. Snuggle Nest)


some of my baby's first things..

booties, mittens & blankets...


something she could wear when we leave the hospital...

hooded blankets

bibs..

for her head..

Good thing I have a few more months to prepare for her other necessities... Baby stuff is way over-priced here but piece by piece, I'm sure we'll get everything she needs before January steps in... For starters, I think this is pretty good enough... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment